Core's Mission Statement
Create and maintain a dynamic, independent forum, providing a venue for the contemporary arts.
Address the need for both non-judgmental and competitive exhibitions.
Fulfill the need for personal growth, communication and a sense of community among artists and viewers.
Promote awareness, education and appreciation of, and access to, contemporary art in a non-commercial way.
How to Join
Accepting Membership Applications
Also, we are currently accepting applications for new members. Considering this new location is just 10 minutes away from Prism and has free parking, we have a similar advantage like Prism does for holding events where visitors and artists can actually park stress-free!
Thank you for your interest in CORE. Membership has the benefit of helping you become a part of a community and all that the word signifies, including the inspiration, friendship and support of active and committed artists, as well as the networking and shared knowledge necessary for discovering opportunities to advance one’s art and career. Also it provides the opportunity to participate in a gallery with a 25 year plus history, and in a nonprofit organization eligible for grants to serve the Denver and the 40W Art District communities.
About Core Membership
Who are we looking for?
Current Core members are seeking creative members to join Core who do photography, painting, drawing, sculpture, mixed media, printmaking, ceramics and installation art.
We accept applications for Core Membership on an ongoing basis. Please contact our membership director, Earl Chuvarsky at firstname.lastname@example.org, for application instructions. Corporate and Supporting Memberships are also available for those who believe in supporting alternative artists and the mission of CORE
Benefits of Core Membership
1. Becoming a part of a community and all that the word signifies, including the inspiration, friendship and support of active and committed artists, as well as the networking and shared knowledge necessary for discovering opportunities to advance one’s art and career.
2. The opportunity to participate in a gallery with a 25 year plus history, and in a nonprofit organization eligible for grants to serve the Denver and Santa Fe communities.
3. The use of 1/2 of the main galleries for a three-week period for each year of membership (12 months). This means that the member along with the one other member decide how to use, display and promote their own show. The gallery must be open to the public during the posted times. (Friday 5-10pm, Saturday 12-5, and Sunday 12-5pm) The artists exhibiting are responsible for hanging their show, taking down their show in a timely fashion and repairing walls prior to the next show. These artists are also responsible for refreshments on their opening night/s, supplying information about the show to the publicity chairman and cleaning the gallery before, during and after their show.
4. Participation in group shows, with all or part of the membership each year.
5. Free entry into open-entry shows. Note: CORE members are subject to the same jurying as non-members.
6. Exposure of your art on our website and links to your own site.
7. Member gallery for year round exposure of member art
Sit 2 shifts/mo in gallery open Fri-Sun
Each member has a job to help market and display art in the gallery, run the org
Yearly clean up of gallery
Attendance of monthly membership meetings
Do you have great art but no place to show it?
CORE New Art Space is a great venue for artists, and we offer “The Annex” for three week shows. If you would like to reserve one of these spots please email us for more information.
How to Rent
Call or email Core for available dates see contact information below. 25% percent commission is taken on all sales. Press and patron mailing lists can be purchased from Core for a nominal fee. “Basic” information about the show is released by Core to the newspapers, but hanging, show tags, promotion, reception and any repairs to the gallery after the exhibit are the responsibility of the artist. We encourage new forms of expression in experimental media, installation, video as well as other more established media. Slides/proposals should be submitted to the gallery with a SASE and labeled, please call first to discuss possible dates. Please stop by Core, call, or email us for more information on “The Annex” our rental gallery.
Details and Terms
“The Annex” Premium gallery space ideal for sculpture and or two dimensional works. Wall Dimensions: to be determined in our new space. Set-up & Take down: All shows open Thursday at Noon and close Sunday at 3:00 PM. We allow take down of your show between 3:00 PM and 5:00 PM on the closing Sunday. You may hang your work beginning on Monday (coordination of this with the Annex Coordinator is necessary) prior to your opening. You must have all work installed with appropriate labeling, show title, and any other information for gallery staff and patrons by 9 PM Wednesday evening. This ensures that your work will be ready for patron viewing when we open on Thursday. The renters are expected to contribute to the openings/artist’s reception by purchasing food and drink.
Email us for more information.